Backblog bak’ blôg n.
1. an accumulation of unwritten blog posts
2. a blog that is deeply out of date.
v.intr being in a condition of backblog.
“The last couple months I’ve been so slammed with work, my poor site is in serious backblog.”
I see a lot of backblog going on right now around the web. I don’t know if people have lost some of the blog fever or if they’re just busy making a living in tough times.
My acute case of backblog is due to a whole lotta projects all demanding my time. But of course, that’s when I need to blog the most. So here’s the quick overview of what I’ve been up to. I hope to catch up with more info on each of these projects shortly:
- Two short documentaries I made for MTV have finally hit the web as part of $5 Cover: Seattle. Look for the “Seattle Scene/B-Side” Videos “Tube Addiction/Verellen Amps” and “Vortex.” You can watch them on the MTV site or in higher quality here.
- My family film, The No-Sit List (staring Danny Trejo, Rico Rodriguez, Trenton Rogers, and Dee Wallace Stone) is about to be released on DVD (street date: March 8, 2011) by Phase 4 Films, retitled Babysitters Beware.
- Another family film I wrote is preparing to go into production in a month.
- I directed the short film Coffee & Pie in New York, and just learned of its first festival acceptance.
- My co-creator Dan Southworth and I (along with a truly amazing nano-crew) shot the first several episodes of our action/sci-fi web series Divergence. We’re now winding our way through post.
There’s some other bric-a-brac but that’ll hold until I get some more photos, links, and updates uploaded on these projects.
So, sorry about the delay. I’m still breathing, still dedicated to the blog. More info, videos, and articles are on the way.